Monday, September 6, 2010

embracing life

This morning after pressing snooze on my phone about 5 times, I finally woke up at 6:30 and opened up my Bible on my iphone, which was open at Psalm 139, specifically these verses:

"certainly you made my mind and heart; you wove me together in my mother's womb. I will give you thanks because your deeds are awesome and amazing. You knew me thoroughly; my bones were not hidden from you, when I was made in secret and sewed together in the depths of the earth. your eyes saw me when I was inside the womb. All the days ordained for me were recorded in your scroll before one of them came into existence."

One of my favourite Psalms, that I've read over and over - but today it suddenly awoke in me something new, and was just the thing I needed to hear. 

While I struggle with my mind and my heart, He not only knows my thoughts and emotions, but he created my mind and my heart - He understands me intricately, more than I know myself. He has grace for the way I think and feel and act, and though perhaps the way I work/feel/think seems strange to me, He actually created me that way. He knows me thoroughly. He gets me!

What a relief to know that I am loved so thoroughly, so knowingly. He made me, and what he makes is awesome and amazing. Though I don't know how I will get over the hurdles in front of me, especially sometimes the internal ones, He knows. 

He has written a book about me, about my life, every single day, in beautiful intricate detail, about every day to come. And He is the most creative, interesting, deep and thoughtful writer. 

Through all the twists and turns of the story, the low points, the high points, only He knows how the story will end. And all I know is that the ending will be good and perfect.

And so today, though the journey may take me through a dark valley, I will embrace the story, I will endeavor to make it to the next page and the next chapter. 
You are the heroine of His story, and He is your hero.

Jeremiah 29:11 - 13 
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 

1 comment:

  1. Very True and encouraging. You are doing a wonderful job. Love your honesty.xxx

    ReplyDelete